Dorm Essentials: Electronics
Now that you have your sheets and towels all ready to go it's time to look at the electronic essentials you need to have:
- A clip on light for your bed. Trust me, you don't want to keep your overhead light on all the time when your roommate is trying to sleep.
- An alarm clock, or use your cell phone. You do NOT want to wake up late for class and miss an important exam.
- A desk chair. If you even have a desk chair in your dorm, it is likely that it's not a very good chair, I recommend bringing your own chair from home.
- Desk lamp. For when you need to actually see the material you're studying.
- Extension cord. I don't think I could stress this enough, you need all of the space and outlets you can get. Don't forget to use an adapter too!
- Laptop, if you need it.
- Chargers for your cellphone, tablet, laptop or anything else that needs to be charged.
- Headphones. If you need to study in the library or when your roommate is sleeping, these will be invaluable to you, so get a good pair.
- Speakers. When you and your roommate want to rock out or when you want to watch a movie. They can also be used if your roommate is out and you personally want to rock out.
- Your phone. I thought I'd include this just to be on the safe side here, but it's always a good idea to carry it with you at all times. Just make sure not to use it during class or cheat with it.
CB2 reading light / Adesso round shades / Metal desk lamp, $28 / Battery powered clock / Dabney Lee modern home accessory / Invisiplug 6-Outlet Surge Protector / Gem Speaker / Urbanears Plattan ADV Wireless Headphone / Flash furniture office chair / Speck blue laptop bag / Crate and Barrel tech accessory / PhunkeeTree Black Charger for iPhone 5