How to Combat the Bad Weather Blues
If you live somewhere that has lot's of rain, or is currently dealing with a lot of rain, it can be hard to combat the feeling of sluggishness that can come about from the weather. Here's some tips and tricks to combating that feeling and making the most out of the bad weather.
- Wear something bright. Bright colors can often make yourself feel happier and your day feel better just by showering you with a little bit of color. If it's cold outside or raining, we recommend bringing a brightly colored jacket or rain boots to add a pop to your day.
- Curl up with a good book. If you're just not feeling like doing anything at all, which is okay, try curling up with a good book and listening to some music. Relaxing when you need to helps keep your mental health from plummeting.
- Find a bright common area to do work in. Sometimes, when you know you need to get work done but it's just too gloomy outside, finding a brightly lit common room or library where other people are also working can help you focus and maintain your drive.
- Dance it out. Listen to some funky beats ( like Little Mix's new song Grown) and dance around your dorm room. Not only will you feel better, but you'll get in some exercise too!
- Hang out with some friends. Find a good comedy, pop some popcorn, and chill out with your friends. Spending time with your friends can boost your mood significantly.
These are just some simple tips to help you when you're feeling down in the dumps, due to the weather or just because. Let us know what you think about this article in the comments!