Finals Week - Go Get Em Girl!
For some of us (me!) finals week starts on Tuesday and that is a scary thing. Even if you have been preparing for a month previous it's likely that your routine is about to get thrown off. Once classes end for you you now have the entire day to study (or procrastinate) and it can be hard to deal with all of this time now. I've come up with a few ways to combat this feeling of "I have so much time I don't need to study right now!"
- Set goals for yourself each day and give yourself a time to do them. This helps you realize that you need to get things done and gives you something to check off daily.
- Create and plan a schedule for yourself (8am-12am or the full 24hrs). Daily plans help make you accountable and it always makes me feel bad if I don't follow the schedule I set for myself for the majority of the time.
- Use your phone to give you reminders. In case I forget my phone can send me reminders and they can be pretty hard to ignore.
- Reward yourself for studying/completing your daily goals. Candy is good - or if you are trying to be healthy- fruit or even pizza are all good as rewards for studying.
- Study with a friend (silently or together in a group). Having a friend sit with you while you study helps keep you accountable and you can also ask each other questions about different topics and work on problems together.
- Use productivity apps! Apps like Forest, and others can help you stay on track. Also check out this cool Tumblr Post about different productivity apps you can use.
- Take breaks to avoid burnout and procrastination. Studying too much can lead to procrastination, burnout, and a lot of problems that can cause you do worse on your finals instead of better.
- Sleep at least 8 hours a night - preferably 9. As students between 17 and 25 we generally need between 7.5 and 9 hours of sleep a night. Sleep is super important and you should try your best to not miss out on enough sleep because it can harm your performance.