Packing and Preparing For Summer
For most, if not all of us, finals are almost over and it's time to pack up and head home for the summer. It can be hard gathering up all of your things to leave, but I've come up with a few simple steps to help make it easier.
- If you can, take/send some things home early - like on the weekend. This helps cut down the number of things (and trips) you have to make each time to take things back home.
- Pack almost everything up a few days before you are scheduled to leave. Keep only the essentials out and easily accessible. This just makes life so so so much easier than packing it all up on the day of your last final.
- Enlist your friends to help you out. Moving your bed can be hard work by yourself, carrying loads of bags down is easier (and faster) with more than just one person. Do a favor for them and they'll do a favor for you!
- Get rid of things you don't want or didn't use at all this semester. Old binders, that one chair that you didn't actually get any use out of can both be donated to some one in need. Usually your university will have donation stations around campus for stuff like this.
- Clean as you go. While you are packing make sure to wipe down surfaces, sweep up any dirt around the room and generally tidy everything up as you go alone. Doing this makes it so much easier to get out of your dorm and checkout faster.
There are a lot of other simple things you can do to make your life easier while you are leaving, but the above five are the easiest to implement and are some of the ones I have found make my life the easiest when I am packing up to leave. Have a good summer everyone!