Holidays on a Budget - DIY Gifts
This year I'm on a pretty tight budget for all of my friends, and I realized that some of you might also be so I decided to put together a list of all of the DIY/ super cheap gifts that I managed to find through Pinterest and Instagram that you can complete in your dorm room or with limited supplies home for the holidays. I didn't complete all of these, but I did consider them all and found them to be pretty easy on a budget and while in my apartment. Most of these should also be achievable in a dorm room too!
- Marbled Mugs: This gift really only requires a few things - a mug, some nail polish, warm water, a container, and some acrylic sealer. You can find full instructions here. Be sure to vent properly because the fumes can be pretty smelly!
- Book Safe: This book requires a couple of fun things - decoupage glue and wax paper - in addition to the hardcover book and box cutter, so prep before hand so that you have everything you need! Check out the full instructions here.
- Bath Bombs: This is great for your friends, but it does require more ingredients than you may have easy access to or on hand. Check out the full tutorial.
- Paint swatch calendar: this one is really fun and only requires paint swatches (you can get them for free from home depot), a picture frame, and dry erasable markers.
- Rope Basket: This one is a fun gift for people who need storage and is relatively easy
- Makeup Art: If you have a friend who loves makeup, this gift is a great idea and is really simple to complete.
- Hot Chocolate Christmas Ornaments: I make these for people who love chocolate and they are super easy to make and give out.
- Charcoal Face Soap: This is a fun DIY I'm gonna make for myself too, check out the rest of the website for beginner soap tutorials
- Brown Sugar Lip Scrub: From the same website as the charcoal face soap, this DIY is super easy and provides a way to order all the ingredients.
- DIY Pillows: This is a list of 17 DIY pillows and some require sewing while others require only gluing. These are great if you have a lot of extra fabric laying around or t-shirts you don't wear and can turn into pillows.
- Chunky Blankets: If you love knitting, this tutorial is really simple and super easy to do - all you need is yarn and needles!